Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm trying to cover up some screw/nail holes. I filled the hole but how do I match the paint?

I need to paint over it now, but how do I match the paint?





I rent, and so I found some paint in the garage - seems like leftover. I tried one of the buckets, but it was a little too yellow (seems like custom paint).





The wall seems mostly white, but man, how do I match it? I need to paint over the wrong yellowish paint now.





thank you in advance.I'm trying to cover up some screw/nail holes. I filled the hole but how do I match the paint?
Most paint companies have the ability to match paint the paint exactly but you need a sample. It there a piece of molding that can be removed to match?I'm trying to cover up some screw/nail holes. I filled the hole but how do I match the paint?
If you have a sample, take it to the store for them to match it. If you don't have a sample, go to the store. There should be a paint chip area with sample pieces that you can take home with you. Select all the ones that appear to be similar to your current color. At home, compare the different pieces and hopefully you will find one that matches. The store will then be able to make up a batch of paint for you.
See if yu can get a chip of the paint off the wall and take it to Lowes; Home Depot or Wal Mart. they are all pretty good when it comes to matching paint. I know one of them (not Wal Mart) guarantees to match any color with a paint chip


Just remember though, if the paint has been on there for awhile it may not match perfectly..
Ask your landlord what color it is.
well, if there is a loose piece of molding or a section that has the paint you can remove, you can take it to Home Depot or Lowes (forget which one does it) and they have a computer match that actually reads the color via a special scanner they have.
Try some of the white toothpastes. Maybe you can find one that will match. You can also use toothpastes to patch nail holes in a pinch.
Your problem is ...you need just a teeny tiny bit of it. Therefore, since store color matching is for no less than a quart -and you need a teaspoon- you'll pay dearly for the fix.





But you may not need to match it -exactly, anyway. The holes should blend pretty well if the color is even just close. Plus, some may be covered up by pictures, a cabinet, etc.





What I suggest is that you get a cheap set of markers of various colors and just dab on a color that's close; or maybe one, then the other, for a blend. You'll need to sand off the old paint first, of course. Also consider white shoe polish ( if white is the taget color) and various shades of liquid correction fluid (for fixing typos on paper).





Remember -you're the only one who knows where the ';problems'; are -others will probably never see them once you given them the ';fix.';
go to sherwin williams and they will help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment